Problem: environments in suburban areas are being polluted by the community
Design: a drone with 360 degrees camera, face recognition technology and a grabbing claw. When it witnesses littering, it takes a picture, finds the litterer's address, and dumps the rubbish at their house so they have to dispose of the rubbish themself.
how it solves problem/what we like about the magic machine:
- takes rubbish out of the environment
- forces people to change their behaviour
- immediate detrimental affect on the litterer
- takes a photo so repeat offencers can be found by the government
- actually plausable
- functions can be changed to fine people, etc.
what we dont like:
- doesn't actually remove the rubbish - rather just reallocates the rubbish
- people may just ignore the magic machine
- people may destroy the magic machine
- there would be limitations on the type of rubbish that can be removed (what if the rubbish is too heavy? etc.)
things we learnt:
- that these emerging technologies can actually be used to solve environmental problems (by reallocating trash)
- learnt how to design imaginative solutions
- learnt that pollution is a viable problem to aim and solve in the actual design challange
transcript of storyboard:
1: person litters in park
2. drone sees littering happen
3. picks up can
4. drops can at persons house.